Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 3

It is day 3 and I can't get Britney Spear's song Toxic out of my head.  From everything I've read, juicing rapidly removes toxins from your system and I am feeling it a little bit.  The muscles in my thighs and booty are aching.  My skin has been itchy and just overall weird.  Your skin is your largest organ so it makes sense that I would be feeling the toxin release there. 

I read up on skin brushing as a part of a juicing program and decided to incorporate it into my daily routine. I can't say if it is really helping remove toxins or not but my skin does feel more smooth (obviously) and that is helping with the itch. 

Overall, I am feeling more rested and alert.  I am not hungry at all and I only have limited cravings, thank goodness.  Last night I keep thinking about pesto pasta--at least that has basil in it, right? 

2 comments:

  1. interesting...be sure to share your fave recipes as you go along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael - I mostly have been doing a fruit juice in the morning and a green juice the rest of the day. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and pineapple for the morning juice. Leafy greens, cucumber, celery, green apples, lemon & ginger for the green juice. I'm going to try a Thai inspired juice with basil tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete