Monday, February 13, 2012

Day One

The funny thing about starting something is that the beginning is full of excitement and newness.  The mind is buzzing and the adrenaline is pumping.  I can do this!  And then, the struggle sets in, temptation rules and the wagon breaks down.  I'm hoping that I can ride this one out and not fall prey to the norm.  So, to get myself going I spent the morning getting prepared and pumped.

I assembled my new Breville Juice Fountain Plus.  A beautiful machine that I hope will lead the way.  Guess this means I have to clean the kitchen...

I went to Peeled, a juice bar, to get some goodness before I made my way to the grocery store.  There I ordered the Adam's Apple, a lovely mix green apple, pineapple and ginger.  This was so delicious!  The ginger gave it a really nice, spicy kick. 

Then I was on to Stanley's for some fresh fruits and veg.  I had not been to Stanley's before.  Imagine that, someone who really does not eat plants, never going to Stanley's!  When I walked in I was floored.  So much gorgeous produce.  Everything was beautiful and I could not wait to fill up my cart.
I could not believe how much I got away with at Stanley's.  I don't usually buy a lot of produce so I'm not easily able to compare prices but I came away with about 6 bags for around $28.00.  Lemme tell you, I will spend that on two cocktails.  Daily.  So to have gotten that much, which will probably "feed" me for about two days?  I am more than thrilled.  You see, I don't cook.  Like, ever.  I have been spending a lot of money on eating out and drinking like it is my job. That has not been good for my bank account.  One more way this juicing is going to help me out.  This is my loot.
So now, I just have to drink it!  Bottoms up.




No comments:

Post a Comment